Whovengers. Breaking your Heart since 2012.
I feel a fic coming on…
“Welcome to Asgard!”
Donna stared at him with a touch of revulsion. “What-gard? Honestly, if you’re making fun of me again—”
“No! No, no, no! That’s really the name! You know…Norse mythology? Odin? Balder? Thor?”
Donna frowned but he saw it click as she nodded. “So…what. Even places from mythology are real?”
“You’ve been travelling with me for a while. You should know that nearly everything’s real.”
Donna rolled her eyes. “Well, get on with it!”
“Technically, this isn’t really Norse mythology. They’re from a different planet. Aliens.”
But at that moment, the Doctor raised a finger to his lips, silently shushing her. Donna drew herself up indignantly (she hated it when the Doctor tried to shush her), but turned sharply to the bushes behind her.
There was something there.
The Doctor crept forward soundlessly, slipping his hand into his pocket and taking his sonic screwdriver out just in case, when a small boy fell out of the bushes and at the Doctor’s feet. Immediately, the Doctor swooped down and helped him up, brushing him off.
“Who are you?” the boy asked, glancing between Donna and the Doctor. He didn’t look scared, however. Simply curious.
“I’m the Doctor!” the Doctor replied, putting the sonic screwdriver back in his pocket.
“A doctor?” the boy asked before peering over his shoulder to look at Donna. “Is the fireheaded one a doctor too?”
Donna glared at the boy. “Oi! The name’s Donna and I’ll have you know—”
“Moving on,” the Doctor said hastily. ”Who are you?”
“I am Loki,” the boy replied. “And if you’re a doctor, do you think you can help me?”
“Help you? With what?”
The boy shifted from one foot to the other as if he wasn’t quite sure what to say. “I’m…different. I want to be fixed, if you can.”
The Doctor frowned, kneeling down so that he was the same height as the boy. “Fix you?”
He nodded. “Yes. I’m…different.”
Donna stepped forward and knelt down beside the Doctor. “There’s nothing wrong with being different.”
“There is if you’re a Prince,” he said. “My brother is a prince, too, but he’s much better at it than I am. Sometimes…sometimes I think Father loves him more than he loves me.”
“And what makes you say that?” Donna asked, her brows coming together.
“I…just the way he looks at him. I could never be as strong or as important as Thor. Father says we’ll both be kings and I believe him but it’s…hard. It’s lonely.”
Donna’s expression softened. “I know the feeling,” she said. “Like you’re not good enough. Not significant. But,” she looked to the Doctor for a moment before turning her attention back to Loki, “there’s nothing wrong with being a bit different. It doesn’t mean you won’t make a great king or that there’s something wrong with you. Do you understand?”
The Doctor grinned. “Couldn’t have put it better myself.”
Loki tilted his head slightly. Nobody had ever put it quite like that before. “But, my brother—”
“—is not you,” Donna finished. “And that’s perfectly fine.”
“In fact,” the Doctor added, grinning, “it’s fantastic. Can you imagine if everybody was your brother?”
“It would be rather strange, wouldn’t it?” Loki giggled before looking up at the sky and jumping up. “I have to go now!” he said, running down the path toward an enormous castle. He stopped, turning back for a moment. “Thank you!”
Donna stared at the spot the boy had stood. “So that was Loki?”
“God of mischief himself,” the Doctor nodded. “Lovely little fellow, wasn’t he.”
“He called me a firehead.”
“Well…you do sort of—”
“If you finish that sentence, space man, I’ll clobber you.”
“It’s been a long time, Doctor.”
The Doctor looked up in surprise to see a dark haired man in a stiff looking costume walking toward him, a smile playing on his thin lips.
“Yeah…” he said, taking in the man’s appearance. He was much different from the boy that he had met with Donna on Asgard. “You’ve changed.”
Loki let out a small laugh. “You haven’t, though.” He dragged his thin fingers along the edge of the table. “I suppose Donna no longer travels with you.”
The Doctor paused for a moment before shaking his head. “No.”
“That’s a shame. I liked her hair,” Loki murmured, his grin widening as he sat down across from the Doctor. “The fireheaded one.”
The Doctor finally smiled. “She was rather hotheaded, wasn’t she.”
“She was interesting. What happened to her?”
The Doctor could feel his smile fade away slightly. He didn’t want to talk about what had happened. The wound was still fresh.
“Did you anger her?”
I thought I was gonna be with you forever. He could still see her face, the complete brokenness behind her eyes. He could remember how he had held her as her memories slipped away, one by one until she could remember nothing about her adventures. Nothing about the TARDIS. Nothing about him.
“Something like that, yeah,” the Doctor said. “I suppose you could say I let her down.”
“Did you acquire another companion?”
He shook his head. He had had enough companions. In the end, they all left. In the end, he was always left heartbroken. He supposed…alone was better. Alone protected him.
Perhaps it was for the best.
Do you know how much I hate you for writting that…..
- mollyshafer likes this
- something-queer reblogged this from deliciously--morbid
- full-time-dreamer-behold likes this
- risahbyful reblogged this from toomuchsexualfrustration
- toomuchsexualfrustration reblogged this from seaunderskin
- seaunderskin reblogged this from just-mimimi
- tomtebohanna likes this
- rachellovesbooks reblogged this from iamaflawlesshumanbeing
- rachellovesbooks likes this
- sarcastic-and-irritable reblogged this from captain101
- captain101 reblogged this from into-the-snogbox
- iamaflawlesshumanbeing reblogged this from haythamkenwayneverdied
- stopsmellingthedeadguy reblogged this from raddytaddy
- raddytaddy reblogged this from just-mimimi
- hugheslair reblogged this from bekahlambsy
- hugheslair likes this
- daisys-merde likes this
- reallyakpopidol likes this
- jumpinallatonce reblogged this from natasha-romanov
- carry-on-my-wayward-spud reblogged this from ravenhowlett
- mightaswellbeanavengersblog reblogged this from natasha-romanov
- bookwormsandbroomsticks reblogged this from into-the-snogbox
- consultingchemicalromance reblogged this from iknowwheretoputitdean
- violetfankera likes this
- moriraty likes this
- asphyxiatedsheep likes this
- well-this-is-hawkward reblogged this from natasha-romanov
- natasha-romanov reblogged this from laufeysonodinson
- notanactualdoctor reblogged this from iknowwheretoputitdean
- consulting-space-dragon likes this
- iknowwheretoputitdean reblogged this from bleedingallyourcoloursintoone
- a-gap-in-the-fabric-of-reality reblogged this from alltheshenaniganstobeenjoyed
- actualcannibalhannigram likes this
- ravenhowlett reblogged this from the-classic-top-hat
- lostprinceofasgard reblogged this from keep-calm-and-rock-on-with-loki
- gingadigbeh reblogged this from angels-have-the-impala
- gingadigbeh likes this
- alltheshenaniganstobeenjoyed reblogged this from keep-calm-and-rock-on-with-loki
- bleedingallyourcoloursintoone likes this
- bleedingallyourcoloursintoone reblogged this from laufeysonodinson
- the-classic-top-hat reblogged this from seducemymindyouidiot
- katevons reblogged this from silencewillfallat221b
- katevons likes this
- peregrinepath reblogged this from laufeysonodinson
- peregrinepath likes this
- notsoangelika likes this
- chasing-fallingstars reblogged this from to-infinity-and-the-misha
- theycantstopthesignal reblogged this from into-the-snogbox
- one-ringingthebellsofsaintjohn reblogged this from laufeysonodinson
- one-ringingthebellsofsaintjohn likes this